We want to encourage our students - and you - to continue reading as many positive things as possible. Looking online, the NHS clearly state that you should "try to limit the time you spend watching, reading or listening to coverage of the outbreak, including on social media, and think about turning off breaking-news alerts on your phone."
Here you will find many opportunities for students, parents and staff to engage in reading as many non-coronavirus related materials as possible!
The following sites might be helpful:
|30 day free trial on "Audible.uk"||Free resources recommended for children and
|An amazing collection of
inspiring and hopeful stories, poems, essays and pictures.
- David Walliams has released some stories free on his website here.
- If you have Amazon Prime, you can read a good selection of free books; take a look at their website.
- Most local libraries also have an online section where you can read books online.
- World book library.org.
- Liverpool libraries free app where you can download books for free. You just need a library card which gives you a log in to get access to Read Liverpool. They are now issuing cards online so our staff and students can join up from home. Click here.
More websites for students to enjoy whilst at home.
Maths with Carol Vorderman
English with David Walliams
Music with Myleene Klass
History with Dan Snow (free for 30 days)
Computer science 5-13 year olds
Science with Professor Brian Cox
The National Theatre - A free showing from the National Theatre
Coronavirus and Your Wellbeing
- Mind - your wellbeing during the Coronavirus outbreak