Key Stage 4 Options
During Year 9, your child will choose their Key Stage 4 GCSE options to study alongside the core curriculum which includes English, Mathematics, Science, Religious Education, Digital Literacy and Physical Education.
These option subjects are selected to further diversify the curriculum your child studied in Key Stage 3 and allows them to study in depth subjects for which they have a particular passion or interest.
In Years 10 and 11, students will follow one of 3 distinct pathways, Purple, Green or White Pathway.
- Students in the Purple Pathway will follow the English Baccalaureate and study Spanish, plus either Geography or History, plus 2 free choices from the suite of subjects below.
- Students in the Green Pathway will study either Spanish, Geography or History, plus 3 free choices from the suite of subjects below. Students can opt to study the English Baccalaureate by choosing Spanish, History or Geography as one of their free choices.
- Students in the White Pathway can opt to study all of the same subjects as students in the Purple and Green Pathway plus some additional choices. Students can opt to study the English Baccalaureate by choosing Spanish, History or Geography for their free choices.
We strongly believe that our curriculum pathways are there to guide your child's subject choices rather than dictate them. Please do not hesitate to contact your child's Achievement Leader or the Vice Principal, Mrs Grace or Mr Harker if you wish to discuss your child's Key Stage 4 options in further detail.
The subjects’ students can choose to study for their options include:
- Art, Craft & Design (GCSE)
- Business & Enterprise (BTEC)
- Childcare (CACHE)
- Computer Science (GCSE)
- Construction (WJEC)
- Dance (GCSE)
- Design Technology (GCSE)
- Drama (BTEC)
- Food Preparation & Nutrition (GCSE)
- Health & Social Care (Technical Award)
- Hospitality & Catering (WJEC)
- ICT (Cambridge Technical)
- Music (GCSE)
- Physical Education (GCSE)
- Religious Education (GCSE)
- Sport Studies (BTEC)
- Animal Care
- Art & Design (BTEC)
- Health & Fitness (BTEC)
- Travel & Tourism (BTEC)
Our Purple Pathway, Green Pathway and White Pathway Booklets are available to view/download.